An inclusive community where everyone can imagine and achieve their hopes and potential with dignity, respect and freedom of choice
Your Life Your Choice promotes
- Individual right to freedom of expression
- Self-determination and decision making
- Works with individuals and families friends and carers to promote opportunities for meaningful participation and active inclusion in society
- Services and supports are assessed, planned, delivered and reviewed to build on individual strengths and enable individuals to reach their goals and to develop their own capacity
Connecting people, strengthening families and communities for individuals of all ages experiencing disabilities or challenges to their social or emotional wellbeing.
This will be done by building and managing a service that meets or exceeds, legislative requirements and achieves positive outcomes for people with disabilities to give them their own freedom for personal achievement and development.
Your Life Your choice has as its goals the promotion of ethical, respectful and safe service delivery which meets, if not exceeds, legislative requirements and achieves positive outcomes for people with disability through:
- Dignity and respect
- Freedom of expression
- Choice and control
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Freedom from discrimination, exploitation, abuse, harm, neglect and violence
- Supporting the role of families, friends, carers and advocates in the safeguarding of rights: and
Comprehensive systems to prevent or promptly respond to any breaches of rights.
- We are open and sincere in all interactions
- We show compassion and considerations to all stakeholders
- We take responsibility for our action
- We uphold and respect all voices and choices
- We accept people no matter how complex their needs are
- We see the person the family and the community
- We believe everyone has the right to equal opportunities
- We challenge social injustice and advocate for change
- We collaborate to solve problems
- We are committed to our work and we don’t give up
- We have the courage to make decisions and are accountable for our actions
- We dare to go down new roads and challenge accepted wisdom
- We promote participation and transform lives and communities
- We value the expertise and contribution of everyone we work with
- We build knowledge and lead conversations
Community inclusion underpins all our efforts as an organisation. We have a commitment to ensuring that all people we serve have opportunities to fully participate in the community, and we actively work to create communities that seek out and welcome the participation of everyone.